Before the interview session
- Do I need to sign up in advance?
You need to sign up and pick a session time that works for you in advance.
- I have not received a session invite email, what should I do?
Please check your Spam box as the email might have landed there. If you have not received anything within 1h of signing up, please drop us a note at email@example.com
- Do I have to prepare any interview questions?
No. When you play the role of interviewer, you will be provided with questions to ask in each interview round.
- Do I need to download any software to use Swyg?
No, you do not need to download anything.
- Do I need special equipment for the sessions?
You need a laptop/desktop computer with a camera and a microphone. You should test your equipment a few hours in advance to make sure you have time to fix any issues.
- Will Swyg work on my mobile device?
We do not officially support mobile devices at this time. You may experience reduced functionality on some mobile devices.
- How long will each session and interview round be?
A typical Swyg interview session takes one hour. A session consists of several rounds. One round is composed of an interview question and giving feedback. Usually one round takes about 5-8 minutes.
- Can I split the interview rounds during the day?
No, once you initiate a Swyg interview session, you need to complete all of the interview rounds an get accurate assessment.
- I’m not available at any of the scheduled session times, what should I do?
Both candidates and employers have an interest to complete the assessment process quickly which is why we only make a limited number of time slots available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when you are available.
- Something came up, can I reschedule?
We only have a limited number of time slots but if there are other timeslots left, we're happy to put you in a different session. Please get in touch with our team as soon as possible so that we can help you reschedule your session.
During the interview session
- I’m experiencing technical issues during the interview session, what now?
Technical issues can occur either on your end or with your partner. Look at our troubleshooting page to try to fix the issue or contact email@example.com.
- Audio or video quality is low, what should I do?
This is most likely due to bandwidth restrictions in your connection or your partner’s connection. These issues usually resolve on their own so be patient and try to continue with the interview as best as possible.
- Do I have a break between interview rounds?
Yes, once you complete an interview round, you will be brought to the virtual lobby where you will have a short break. Depending on how long you take to complete the previous round, the break is about 30 seconds.
- What should I look for when evaluating my peers?
Try to be honest and fair in your evaluations. In general, the elements of a good answer are:
- Expert Knowledge on the matter
- Concise and clear answers
- Examples from previous experience
- Can I pause an active round?
No. You will be talking to another participant who is a real person just like you. You can’t pause people ;)
- Should I introduce myself at the start of an interview round?
No. You have a limited amount of time per interview round. Focus on the questions provided by Swyg. You should not share or ask for any personal information (including name, location, gender, etc.).
- Can I ask other questions during the session?
As long as you have time for the main question, you can ask follow up questions (e.g. “Can you give an example of” or “Can you please clarify?”) to better understand and evaluate the answer of your peer. Follow up questions should be on the same topic as the provided questions in an interview round.
- What should I do if the other person does not know the answer to a question?
It’s normal that your partner does not know everything. Try to coach them towards the right answer. But be objective in your evaluation.
- What if I know the person I am in session with?
The likelihood of this happening is quite small. However, if you do know an interview partner well (a friend / colleague etc) and you feel your evaluation will be biased, please click the “my partner did not show up” button to be paired with a different partner.
After the Interview Session
- Will I receive feedback?
We will follow up with you via email and send you a link to access your feedback. Our goal is to provide feedback to every participant within a few days of their Interview Practice.
- What type of feedback will I get?
The Swyg team will analyse all the feedback with a combination of AI-powered analysis and manual review.
We correct for bias and other issues of individual reviews to ensure your final evaluation is fair.
You will receive an assessment on the following dimensions:
- Accuracy: Measures how correct your answers were.
- Completeness: Measures if you brought up all relevant points in your answers.
- Communication: Measures how well you're able to articulate your answers.
- Judgement: Measures how well you are able to judge the answers of others.
- Who gets to see the feedback I provide?
We want you to be honest, therefore, individual feedback provided during interview rounds is kept confidential and not shared with either the other participants or employers. Any feedback that Swyg provides to participants or employers after a session is based on analysis of aggregated feedback and not linked to any specific reviewer.
- I had technical difficulties during the session, how will this affect my feedback?
Having technical trouble in one or two rounds typically does not affect your assessment. If we have trouble creating high quality feedback for you we may contact you to reschedule your session.